New applications are to be submitted at least 2 months and not more than 6 months from the course commencement date. Applicants are not required to be present in Singapore while their applications are being considered. Hence, applicants are advised to apply for a Student Pass before arriving in Singapore as no extension of stay will be granted while the applications are under processing.
Applicants are advised to enter Singapore to complete the formalities for the issuance of a Student Pass only after their Application has been approved or In-Principle Approval Letter is received. They will be issued with Student Pass within one month from the Course Commencement Date.
The normal student pass process will take about 4 to 6 weeks.
Please prepare the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Birth Certificate
- Applicant’s certified/notarised copy of Highest Qualification’s Certificate & Transcript
- 2 recent Passport-sized photos
- Applicant’s employment history indicating the name of companies, country, period of working (dd/mm/yy), and position held
- Siblings particulars (Name, Date of Birth, Designation, Nationality)
- 1 copy of SOLAR+ E Forms completed and signed by applicant
- Father’s National Identity Card/Passport
- Mother’s National Identity Card/Passport
- Parent’s Letter of Employment (letter should state date of commencement, designation, and salary per month) or Business Registration Certificate (Instant Computer Printout) if parent is self-employed. These documents should be issued within the last 3 months.
One of the applicant’s parents is a Singaporean/Permanent Resident
- Parent’s Official Marriage Certificate/Divorce Papers and applicant’s Custody Paper
- Parent’s highest educational certificate
- Parent/Parent’s CPF Statement for the past one year
- Parent’s Income Tax Assessment for the past three years (if self-employed)
IF Applicant’s Spouse is a Singaporean/Singaporean PR
- Spouse’s CPF Statement for the past one year
- Spouse’s Income Tax Assessment for the past three years (if self-employed)
- Letter of Employment (letter should state date of commencement, designation, and salary per month. Date of issue should not be more than 3 months)
- 󠆺Spouse’s Highest Educational Details
- Official Marriage Certificate
Financial Ability/Other Financial Support:
- Photocopy of financial ability. (e.g. bank statement, fixed deposit/savings account)
Please ensure that the application forms/all the necessary documents have been completed/ furnished. Official translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.
For further information about Student Pass Application, please refer to ICA Website via the following link http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_overview.aspx?pageid=256&secid=182